Thursday, October 23, 2008

[rant]

Blarg this week has been Hell, wanna know why?

Last Friday: Computer starts freezing every time I open a Internet Browser, among other things

Saturday: Max and Photoshop gain tens of minutes long load times, I post my issues on PCPitstop

Sunday: WD Disk Checker tool detects Read/Write errors on Hard Drive and is unable to fix them. PCPitstop recommends replacing the Hard Drive.
So I head down to Staples, as they are the only place in town open on a Sunday that sells Hard drives. They said they could install the new drive for $40, and transfer up to 10 gigs from my current Hard Drive for $100, and this is on top of the cost for the Hard Drive

Screw that, I say as I buy a Hard Drive that I thought was the same as my current one, I'll install it my self!

Nope! The Hard Drive I bought has the wrong connectors for my computer, yay! And Staples is closing in five minutes so I'm stuck with it.

I end up borrowing an old 80 gig that was lying around, I reformat that, install windows, then goto bed.

Monday: Get up at 6am inorder to get to work by my 9am start time, get off work at 5:30pm, get home at 6:30 pm.

My G1 phone has apparently arrived early, so I happily go to start it up only to find that it doesnt detect my SIM card, a quick(lol) call to customer service tells me that it should be working by Wednesday. Fun. I start my computer to find that it thinks that the H drive is the main drive, and Flash wont instal because it thinks I have less then five free megs on my Hard Drive. Its shaping up to be a fun week.

Tuesday: Get up at 6am inorder to get to work by my 9am start time, get off work at 5:30pm, head to programming class at 7pm. Get out of class at 10pm, go home. Sleep.

Wednesday: Get up at 6am inorder to get to work by my 9am start time, get off work at 5:30pm, G1 is still not working, I call Tech Support and after some back and forth they say just ship it back for a new one, fair enough, I'm about to get the return info when my current crappy phone drops the connection.

I spend the next two hours on the phone, being told the same things I had gone over before, just trying to get my G1 replaced, granted only about half an hour of that was actually spent talking to some one, the rest of it was spent on hold, being shited between no less then five departments.

I hate Tech Support.

So now I have to mail back my G1, at my own expence, before they ship out my new one. (Can you hear my screams of frustration yet?)

Tired and angry I decide to reformat my computer and try reinstalling windows again. No luck.
Screw it, off to bed.

Thursday: Get up at 6am inorder to get to work by my 9am start time, get off work at 5:30pm, head to programming class at 7pm. Get out of class at 8pm, go home. The Sweeney Todd knife I ordered for Halloween has arrived, and the blade is stuck in the folded position. Gods DAMNIT. IT IS AS IF EVERYTHING THAT I OWN HAS DECIDED TO HATE ME AT THE SAME TIME.

Anyway, I belive I found a solution to the H Drive problem, so I will be spending tommarrow after work on that, then I will attempt to reinstal Max and Photoshop. Updates will resume after that. I have learned to stop giving out ETAs as something always pops up to make them so very WRONG.

Hope you enjoyed reading that wall of text

[/rant]

No comments: